Revelry in Discourse

I don't yet know what to write here, or why I am even on this website. 08/29/06

Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

I am tall.

Monday, March 05, 2007

The man who invented the Internet forgot how to use it.

Just like most people out there, I am only recently learning about Al Gore's new movie, AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH. As much as I depise award shows, news from these things is near impossible to avoid. In this one instance, I'm glad I couldn't dodge this tidbit.

I should clarify here, that I have not yet watched the movie, though I plan to. My issue here is simply something that came up while trying to get the DVD.

From the website:
http://www.climatecrisis.net/

"The DVD is packaged to make the smallest possible environmental footprint - it is made of 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper, no excess materials, and absolutely no plastics. "

Seriously? Comon, with the multidute of direct download services available, why do we need any packaging at all? I spent all of two seconds doing a Google search, and found lists of Torrent files for the Movie, but this is a situation where I might actually want to pay for the Movie, especially since "A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this DVD will benefit the bipartisan climate effort, The Alliance for Climate Protection. "

Alas, there is no mention of a entire movie download available on the Homepage. I ran a search on the new Bit Torrent Store, nothing.

If Mr. Gore and the rest of the Media community really want to get through to my demographic, they must understand me. I want my digital media imeadiately. I don't want to have to leave my house to get it. I don't want to wait for shipping. I don't feel I should have to pay for shipping something that I can download through an ISP that I already pay for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home